Face Masks for Coronavirus - Manufacture and Import insurance
Due to Covid-19 or Coronavirus, there has been a massive surge in the demand for medical face masks. A direct result is a need for both importers or manufacturers to obtain proper Liability insurance that meets the requirements of the State or Territory Government health departments for legal liabilities arising from the provision of face masks to the public.
The main insurance requirements required by the State governments and their respective Health Departments, which may vary state by state, is for insurance coverage that has the following conditions:
- Business Description - The business description must state that face masks are being produced/ sold/ manufactured.
- Public and Products Liability limit - Minimum $ 20,000,000
- Exclusions - No exclusions allowable for:
- Coronavirus Covid-19
- Communicable disease
- Excess - The excess must be clearly stated
- Quality of Mask - Masks must be CE and/or TGA approved
- Territorial Limit - Must include Australia
- Jurisdictional Limit - Must include Australia
Business Insurance Specialists can provide Liability insurance for Covid-19, that will meet the requirements of respective state government health departments.
Please complete and submit our Face Mask Covid-19 Public and Products Liability form – time to complete should be less than 5 minutes - and we will provide terms promptly, subject to full response to all questions.
Please note that coverage is provided on a Claims Made basis.
For any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact Business Insurance Specialists.