IT Liability Insurance
IT Liability insurance protects businesses for liabilities arising from the products and IT services you provide to your customers. In an ever-challenging and demanding market place, having comprehensive cover for both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance is important.
A Combined Information Technology Liability Professional Indemnity Policy reduces gaps in coverage and will allow you to continue to provide your service safe in the knowledge your risks and financial loss are covered for your business.
Information Technology insurance is available to a vast range of businesses such as:
- Computer Consultancy
- Cloud Service Provider
- Graphic Designers (Websites)
- Hardware Maintenance, Installation and/or Repair
- Hardware Manufacture and Sales
- IT Help Desk and Support Services
- IT Consultants
- IT Contractors
- IT Project Management
- LAN and WAN Providers
- Multimedia Services (Websites)
- Network Design, Development, Installation and Support Services
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Software Development
- Software Progammer
- Software Maintenance Services
- Software Reseller
- Systems Integration Services
- Telecommunication Services
- Website Design
- Website Hosting Services
There are some unique benefits provided within these types of products due to the nature of the IT industry in general and use of IT Contractors and IT Consultants. Unlike many other insurances, contractors are automatically insured subject to a written contract in place.
The exposures to IT Product and Service providers are many and include:
- Systems not being delivered on-time
- Lack of Performance of the provided software services or products
- Software Development risk
- Intellectual Property right infringements
- Loss of Data
- Sub-contractor risks
For some different types of IT claim examples, please review this page.
With access to the full market both here and overseas, Business Insurance Specialists can provide both broad coverage and competitive costing.
For a no-obligation quotation for your insurance, please complete our online form or contact Business Insurance Specialists on (07) 3139 3900 for a discussion and review.